BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update

Hey everyone... sorry it's been a little while. Seems that everyone is pretty busy and it doesn't help that I've been sick the past couple days.

A couple things...

1. We are allowing the eighth graders to attend the youth group but we need to make sure that they know there allowed to come out. Do we have their phone numbers on hand?

2. This is a rough lay-out that I figured would work for the 1st gathering this saturday

7-9pm

- Introduction: we set the tone from here and we introduce ourselves.
- Activity (I have a list of activities to choose from or if anyone has an activity to share)
- Short video (Nooma- You) Now typically I'm not looking to utilize these videos very often but in searching for a short video to play- I felt that this particular video really does a sound job in introducing some of the conversation topics we'll be introducing over the course of the summer.
- Discussion afterwards- this is where we'll listen to the teens and start to poke and prod and ask questions "How is God working in your life currently?" - "What would you like to get out of this?" - "How would you describe your Faith life?" etc.
- Activity
- Hanging out- "Fellowship"- music playing, chatting, playing games, etc

Tina and I have thought about bringing our Wii to the youth gathering but we were not sure if we had the right cables/connections to utilize it for this saturday.
I also think that we should create a sheet that has all the necessary information (Facebook link, SQY gmail account, etc.)

- that's it for now... just laying low until I have to head off to work.
I hope everyone is having a great week!
- Lance

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I contacted the 8th graders parents last week. Since one of them is my brother and the other is my cousin I just decided it would be easy to do it. I also emailed Mark Cummings to let him know for Delaney. I believe there is only three so I think I got it covered.

EXCITED!

Tina Pearce said...

I would like to add, if we could all plan to be there 15-20 minutes early to pray and talk a bit, that would be fantastic! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an excellent idea. Still let me know if you need any last minute stuff. We are more than willing to help!